Dedicated to providing clients with low vision the opportunity to enhance their life skills, independence and self-confidence, in a safe environment, through adaptive technology and training.
The Fort Collins Lions Club, working with the other Lions Clubs in Fort Collins, has been instrumental in opening, in July 2001, the Ensight Skills Center. The goal is to give each client the opportunity to remain independent and safe in their own home.
Please visit the Web site for Ensight Skills Center at www.ensightskills.org
The Ensight Skills Center is located at 1740 S. College Ave. Fort Collins, CO 80525. Call for directions. Telephone: 970-407-9999. Hours by appointment.
- The Ensight Skills Center may be for you if :
- You have experienced a decline in your vision
- You are 18 year or older and live in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming
- You have been told there is nothing to be done about your vision loss
- You would like to try different magnifiers or other types of low vision aids
- We Offer:
- Training in daily living skills
- Hands on training with assistive technology devices or low vision aids
- A loaner program
- Sighted guide training
- Peripheral vision training
- Referrals to other agencies as needed
- Home safety assessments
- Our Program Begins With:
- A telephone interview to determine your needs, goals and interests
- Then We:
- Perform a functional vision assessment
- Collaborate with local eye care professionals
- Provide specific training exercises or resources to help meet your goals
Please see the Resource Page for guides to improving computer accessibility.