The Fort Collins Lions Club is, by virtue of its affiliation with Lions Club International, dedicated to multiple service goals. This includes, helping the visually impaired and hearing impaired, and supporting those efforts which teach youth how to make good decisions about many factors which affect their lives. In order to meet those challenges, others are invited to join the Fort Collins Lions Club in order that they can also become personally involved in these areas of service.
The challenge of service is overwhelming when we consider the great numbers of people who fall under the service umbrella of Lions International. However, by participating in this club, we join with other Lions in this city, state, nation and world, to make a critical difference in the lives of others. Caring enough to share our resources, time and talents is the hallmark of Lionism.
Why the Lions Club Supports the “Do Your Part School Kit Program”
“Lion’s Club International encourages its chapters to participate in youth programs that support health and education. The Fort Collins Lions Club likes to be involved with our local school district, and the “Do Your Part School Kit Program” by Teresa Funke enabled us to donate books and teaching materials to needy schools in our area. We believe our young people are the leaders for tomorrow, and they need to know the history of our country. The “Do Your Part School Kit Program” fits well with our mission.” 🙂Irene Toliver, Youth Program Chairman, Fort Collins Lions Club
- Members of the world’s largest and most active service club organization.
- People who have decided to give back something to their communities; who are dedicated to finding people in need; and who meet those needs in an efficient, caring way.
- Men and women who believe that, by working with other dedicated lions, they will accomplish far more for their communities than would be possible working alone.
- Committed to solving major world health and social problems, and realize that solutions are possible when every Lions Club does its share.
- People who cherish the friendship and fellowship of their own Club and also feel a close kinship with fellow Lions in more than 186 countries and territories around the world.
- Patriotic. They give allegiance to their country and recognize that all people must one day learn to live in peace.
- Dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in their Club—and in their personal lives.
- Serious about their commitment to humanitarian service, but don’t mind having a little FUN along the way!
- Someone just like YOU